Saturday, October 4, 2014

October 4th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Two more shows enter my viewing schedule.  The final two start this next week.  At this point, I'm going to be busy, busy, busy!

As always, please let thoughts on any shows you watched (whether they are on my list or not) in the comments or on your blog.  A link back is always appreciated.

Once Upon a Time – I’m still not sure how I feel about the Frozen characters in Once Upon a Time.  Obviously, I love the show, so I will keep watching, but I don’t feel like they are putting a fresh enough spin on things, at least not yet.  You can read my full recap here.

Big Bang Theory – I really did think that Howard’s idea was genius until that robot started moving forward so slowly.  Heck, it would have been faster to pick it up and carry it.  On the other front, I will agree that Penny and Leonard’s relationship does have serious issues, but I loved how they resolved it there at the end with showing the cracks in Amy and Sheldon’s relationship.  Plus, they were both pretty funny stories.

Gotham – Wow, the acting was really uneven in this one.  Some of it was so over the top, while others was underdone.  The plot involving the kidnapping was interesting, and seeing Gordan dealing with what he faked was good, too.

Dancing with the Stars – Wow, two perfect scores in week three?  Was it helped by Len not being there?  The dances were pretty amazing, however.  Overall, I don’t feel quite like this season is as top notch as previous seasons of the show.  The stars are good, but there have been so many strong dancers by this point the last few seasons, and we aren’t quite there yet.

Castle – So I wasn’t expecting solutions on what happened to Castle tonight, but this wasn’t the episode I was hoping for.  I think what bothered me was Beckett not believing him.  It’s still not as bad (at least not yet) as Lois and Clark’s clones, but they’d better follow it up with some super episodes.  You can read myfull recap here.

Agents of SHIELD – Reina!  I was not expecting to see her again, or so soon.  And it looks like we’ve found Skye’s dad.  Now, why does he have to be a bad guy?  And where exactly are we going with the general?  So many possibilities being set up here, I’m curious where it will all lead.

Survivor – Once again, one team is dominating the challenges.  They manage to still make the show interesting, but I do like it better when they teams are more evenly divided.  Oh, and have you never watched the show before?  They always try to flush out the idol, so claiming you have one is not helpful?  Having two?  And trying to drag someone down with you?  Not cool at all.

Girl Meets World – Three sort of interconnected stories.  Sort of being the key word.  That first scene in the classroom was great, but they kind of went downhill from there.  Not that I didn’t enjoy it, but I felt like they were forced into making things scary and going all out and it didn’t quite work as well as they wanted it to work.  And what’s with having a Halloween episodes the first week of October?  We’ve still got a long ways to go before the holiday.

The Amazing Race – It’s hard to see super fans get kicked off a show early, but as they said, you can’t train for a bad current.  I’m so afraid that would be me if I got on the race since I would probably do some of the exact training they were talking about.


2 comments:

  1. I kind of lost interest in Castle once he and Beckett got together. It seemed like every show centered around their relationship instead of whatever crime they were solving. So far I've loved Big Bang Theory this season! I thought Howard's idea was brilliant until it started moving as well! Dancing with the Stars has been enjoyable too this season though I can't quite figure out who I'm rooting for. I do like Sadie Robertson just because she seems like a normal 17 year old and I like the guy who was Carlton and Jonathan something as well. I've really been enjoying Sleepy Hollow and NCIS: New Orleans so far. I'm curious about Gotham but am about maxed out on TV time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't thought that Castle focused too much on the relationship. It was a bigger part of the show, but it made the characters so much better!

      I hear you on maxed out TV time. Mondays and Tuesdays are especially crowded for me.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.